Thursday, March 12, 2009

To get to the finish line, sometimes you need to go back to the start

Everyone knows that the economy isn't looking too hot right now. For those how have managed to hold onto their jobs without a hitch so far, congratulations. For those who have lost theirs, you are in my thoughts and remember that all of this is for the best, even if it's in some strange, unconventional way. If you're worried that you'll be laid off soon, then you are like me. My office has taken a payroll deduction recently, and honestly it hurts. But I suppose you could say we're lucky, even as a relatively small Architecture firm, we survived unscathed for so long. So while I try to enjoy my extra free time, I'm thinking of the ways I'll be able to emerge from this recession financially stronger. One is to invest in myself and my "craft". Another was much more difficult to decide; i should move back home to my parents. Not that I'm in dire straits ( no need to cue the sappy stringed instruments), I just realize that in order to really do what I want to do a year from now, I can't be throwing away half of my paycheck to rent each month. Sacrifices hurt in the short term, but in the end, I'm sure I'll be grinning from ear to ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment